Novak Djokovic has closed out the 2012 tennis season ranked #1 in the world (he ended 2011 as #1 as well). Despite challenges from Roger Federer, Andy Murray, and, in 2011, Rafael Nadal, Djokovic has been the dominant force in the men’s game for two years. Like Federer, Djokovic is a complete player, showing mastery in every facet of the game.
Although he is only 25, many already consider Djokovic to be one of tennis’s all-time greats.
- Born: Belgrade, Serbia, 1987
- Height/weight: 188 cm (6’2″); 80 kg (176 lbs)
- Plays: right-handed
- Career Grand Slams: 5
- Career Prize Earnings: $41,076,497
- Laureus picks Djokovic ahead of Messi
- Federer beats Djokovic at Wimbledon
- Video: Australian Open Final – Djokovic beats Nadal
Djokovic is known as “Djoker” because of his sense of humour and outgoing character. He has a cameo at about the 2:30 mark of this pop video shot at Roland Garros (and featuring a lot of young, pretty people):