Oshie grew up in Minnesota and has been a gifted scoring star since high school. A product of the US college hockey system, he was drafted in 2005 by the St Louis Blues of the National Hockey League and joined the team in 2008. After a successful rookie season, Oshie won the NHL’s fan-choice “Goal of the Year” award – presaging his current status as the best shootout goalscorer in the world. Prior to the Sochi Olympics, Oshie had played 19 international games for the United States. In Sochi, his first Olympic Games, Oshie (@OSH74) scored four shootout goals for the United States to win a pool match against Russia.
- Born: Everett, United States, 1986
- Height/weight: 180 cm (5’11″) / 88 kg (194 lbs)
- Position: centre/right wing
- NHL teams: St Louis Blues
- Drafted: 2005 by St Louis Blues (24th overall)